I have an abnormal obsession with kale. I really love the stuff. It's so versatile, tastes good AND is good for you! Unlike other dark leafy greens, it's not at all bitter. I use it as much as I can while it's in season. One of my favorite ways to use it is to make kale chips. It's amazingly simple to make and tastes like a delicious chip!
1 bunch kale, any type
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove kale leaves from the stem. The leaves will naturally rip into pieces, but make sure they are bite size.
3. Wash kale in a bowl of water. Scoop out and spin dry in a salad spinner.
4. In a bowl, coat the kale in olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Spread the kale out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. Roast for 10 minutes or until crunchy. Don't overcook!
7. Allow to cool and enjoy!
|a whole bowl of healthy chips!|